Top 10 Rules for Back-to-School Success
Written on August 15, 2008
Special thanks to John Bishop of Goal Setting for Students.com for contributing this entry to our Blog.
These ten life skills will help your children develop a YES! Count On Me attitude that you can use in the classroom and in life. Good luck!
1. Use the "YES! Count On Me" words: yes, I can, and I will.
2. To get ahead in school and in life - read more, learn more, do more.
3. Learn how to set and achieve goals and how to use these principles in the classroom.
4. No Vision = No Direction. Write down what you want to accomplish in the first four weeks of the school year. Repeat for the next month.
5. Don't find a fault; find a solution.
6. Minimizing the Bummer Words - no, can't, won't, never, maybe, and if. These six words will hold you back from reaching your full potential.
7. Eliminating excuses.
8. Regularly ask yourself: "Did I give my best effort to today's activities?"
9. Help others.
10. Remember: Luck comes to those who work hard.
This is your life, your goals and your success. You are a WINNER!
About John Bishop
After a life changing event, John Bishop became a social entrepreneur and started Accent On Success, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping teenagers succeed. He has written Goal Setting for Students, which has recently won three national book awards.