Pattern Recognition – Math Strategies – Thinking Rules – Goal Setting – Memorization Techniques – Mental Math
This program is designed to inspire children to understand multiplication, learn mental math strategies and memorize the times tables (0-13) easily. Discovery Multiplication uses a two step process combined with a workbook, music, games, Think It Out cards and visuals to make learning multiplication, memory skills and goal setting EASY and FUN.
Students learn responsibility by taking ownership of the process. Pattern recognition, math strategies, thinking rules, goal setting, memorization techniques and confidence boosters help them master this essential foundation of future math skills.
Learning the times tables WELL is one of the most important stepping stones to building a solid foundation in math.
I've heard hundreds of stories from parents, teachers and students who got off on the wrong 'math track' merely because they did not learn their times tables.
The magic formula for learning the times table is a blend of enthusiasm and commitment.
Make it fun and
they will learn!
Discovery Multiplication uses a two step process combined with a workbook, music, games and visuals to make learning multiplication, memory skills and goal setting EASY and FUN. Students learn responsibility by taking ownership of the process.
Discovery Multiplication's two main steps are:
- Learn strategies, thinking skills and build confidence.
- Learn how to memorize, set goals and learn the facts well!
Through these tools and your guidance, students will:
- Discover why it is important to learn their multiplication facts (the basics).
- Learn strategies to help them Think Out the times tables for each table.
- Practice each strategy using dice or cards.
- Discover additional rules that will help even more.
- Learn the Think It Out process.
- Prepare their Think It Out cards.
- Learn about goal setting and memorization techniques.
- Set their own goals and sign a contract.
- Practice using the Think It Out process and memorize the facts through a variety of games and music to learn the facts "Super Fast."
The following items are included with your kit:
- Discovery Multiplication Workbook (54 pages)
- Mixed Media CD of Music and Files
- Discovery Multiplication Songs (9 short songs playable on a CD player)
- PDF of Parent and Teacher Instructions and Multiplication Games, Crafts and Activity Write-up
- PDF of Workshop Handouts (which includes Think It Out Cards)
- PDFs of Printable Games & Worksheets (Over 100), Articles, Certificates and Charts
- PDF for Strategy Reference Sheet, Think It Out Sheet and Strategy Number Cards
- Windows Media File: "Yodel Odel Eight" 8x Music Video (From DVD of Multiplication Vacation)
Discovery Multiplication Workbook (54 pages)
Instructions, teacher's notes, bonus questions, mathematical visuals, cartoons and activity suggestions that will guide you and your students through the program.
Parent and Teacher Instruction Sheets (10 pages)
Instructions for using your materials, frequently asked questions and tips.
Multiplication Games, Crafts and Activity Sheet
Instructions for 35 activities, crafts and games — including Active Games for Active Kids.
Discovery Multiplication Audio CD (9 songs) — Listen now!
Handouts: Worksheets, Articles, and Lyrics
Worksheets to use with program:
- Nena's Math Force Activity
- Times Table Chart
- Equations with Visuals (2 sheets) *
- Graph Paper for Arrays *
- Patterns with Nines *
- Nines Finger Trick *
- Multiplication 10x Handout *
- Multiplication Maze *
- Multiplication Tic-Tac-Toe *
- Bingo *
- Discovering Primes (2 sheets)
- Number Chart *
- Word Problems (4 sheets) *
- Relationship With Division
Articles that can be reproduced for parents:
- Encouraging Thinking Skills in Young Children
- Learning the Times Tables Can Help Children Learn Goal Setting Skills
- Adapting Your Favorite Games to Incorporate Math
- Memory and Math
CD ROM of Printable Games and Worksheets (over 100!)
Includes templates for games such as (List of worksheets):
And many fun worksheets, charts, and certificates:
Printable Strategy Reference Sheet and Think It Out Reference Sheet
Printable Think It Out Cards, Think It Out Envelopes Cutouts, and Strategy Number Cards
Other Items Available to Order Separately:
- Dice: double dice and 12 sided polyhedra dice suggested
- Additional Workbooks
- Multiplication Vacation CD and DVD
- Skip Counting Zone CD
- Googol Power Membership Site License
- Other Commercial Multiplication Games and Dice
- Crazy 4 Math Kit (includes cards, dice, dominos, timers)
- Teachers and consultants can order a digital presentation to use on a Projector (by special request)
I created this program to share with families, teachers and students a logical, easy and fun way to learn their multiplication facts and to build early math skills. The goal of this program is to build a solid foundation of basic math and thinking skills so that children can handle math problems with confidence. A clear understanding of how numbers work is a prerequisite to later success with math. This program provides children with thinking tools that can be applied to mental math and to other areas of learning at home and school now and in the future.
By page 29 of the workbook, your child or student will have acquired the tools to successfully figure out all of the times tables from 0 to 13, because the focus is on Thinking Out the answers. This first step teaches important mental math and problem solving skills. In the second step, memorization techniques, goal setting skills and motivational tools and are supplied to promote speedy recall. A variety of games with templates and instructions for activities are provided to make learning and practicing fun.
My mission in all my workshops, presentations, shows, programs and albums is to find ways to excite kids about math... to inspire them so they themselves are motivated to want to do math. Your role as a parent or teacher is to be their coach - to motivate them, guide them and help them achieve their goal.
Discovery Multiplication Online — for students to practice and review the program at school or at home with their parents.
Purchaser may print worksheets from Family Discovery Multiplication Kit for their own use with their family. Music from your Audio CD may be copied onto your own player or computer for your own use.
Purchaser may reprint printed materials for use with students in your class. Music from your Audio CD may be copied onto your own player or computer for use in your own home or classroom.